Macquarie degree leads to mammoth career

Veronica Arriaga hails from the USA and completed a Master of Commerce at Macquarie in 2008. We caught up with her to find out what she has been up to since leaving Macquarie.

Where are you working?
I work as a Manager for Catering & Conference Services at Mammoth Mountain, the highest mountain ski resort in California. The company operates various businesses within the resort, including recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, and retail.

What do you enjoy about your role?
I am fortunate to work with a wide variety of groups from all over the world.  I help them plan anything from a meeting, dinner, or party, as well as coordinate their rentals, lessons and activities.

Why did you choose to study at Macquarie University? 
I wanted to visit Australia my whole life. Once I completed my Bachelor degree in the US, I decided I wanted to continue my studies and take on a Master in Business. Macquarie University was an easy choice, as I could develop a well-rounded business knowledge whilst focusing on International Tourism & Hospitality.

How did you Macquarie University degree prepare you for your career?
The most valuable aspect was the emphasis on group projects, presentations, and collaboration. This made me more comfortable with public speaking and communication – two skills very important to my role.

"I can’t wait to return to Australia at some point!" says Macquarie graduate Veronica Arriaga.

What was the highlight of your time at Macquarie University?
Everything! But if I had to pick just two it would be being part of a Habitat for Humanity volunteer program in the Philippines and my exchange to Mexico City, where I learned more about doing business in Latin America.

What would you say to someone considering study at Macquarie University?
I would recommend Macquarie to anyone looking for a truly international education experience in one of the most beautiful locations in the world.

Read more about the Master of Commerce.

• http://www.mammothlakeslodging.net mammoth lakes

Ola! Nizar,
    On a similar note,, Masters of Small business Administration represents a tertiary degree in opportunity administration. The MBA diploma is the most useful known degree throughout the world and most widely identified publish-graduate diploma. It was initially manufactured to enable engineers acquire management competencies, but currently MBA degrees target on a broad vary of topics.
    All the Best

• http://www.topsewingmachinesreviews.com/brother-cs6000i/ Grace

The blog is cool