Josh (L) with two of his housemates taking in the view from the top of the Constance Cathedral in southern Germany.

Swiss experience opens up endless possibilities for MQ student

With over 200 partner universities in more than 50 countries, there are plenty of choices for Macquarie students who wish to study abroad either short term or for a full semester exchange.

For Bachelor of Science student Joshua Munro, the destination was Switzerland where he studied for a semester at one of Macquarie’s newest partners, the University of Zurich. He had been to Switzerland before in 2007 but says he was anxious to return and spend more time there.

Josh, who lived in campus accommodation while in Zurich, says the experience helped him explore other cultures and also form life-long friendships.

“I didn’t realise how much the opportunity would broaden my outlook and perceptions of other’s lives, he says.

“Being able to study at the University of Zurich in Switzerland opened me up to many new insights about new cultures, friendships, languages and even food all while I was pursuing my academic interests,” he says.

A traditional Swiss speciality from the alpine Canton of Graubünden

“Because of this, I’ve been able to develop myself further as a person, pursue old and new studies of interest and see the world, not just as a traveller, but as a resident,” he says.

Josh says that while it was an honour to represent Macquarie abroad, the experience also led to further opportunities that he hopes will allow him to return again.

“This journey will always remain with me, and fortunately, it is only the beginning,” he says.

Are you interested in going on exchange in Semester 1 2013?

Apply now for Semester 1 2013! Applications close Sunday 15th July 2012!

http://www.international.mq.edu.au/goingabroad/process