Scholarship recipient aims for a more sustainable Indonesia

There aren’t many sustainability experts in Indonesia but I’m on my way to becoming one of them!,” says Bintan Sholihat, who is studying at Macquarie with the assistance of an Australian Development Scholarship from AusAID.

Halfway through a Master of Sustainable Development at Macquarie, Bintan says she has been inspired not only by the course curriculum, but also the University’s approach to sustainability as an organisation.

“Macquarie applies sustainability approaches in its daily operation, for example with recycled grey water and biodegradable cups,” she says.

The world-renowned researchers in Macquarie’s Graduate School of the Environment have also been a source of inspiration for Bintan.

Wendy Goldstein, the course’s convenor, has inspired me a lot,” she says. “The way she teaches makes me realise that learning can occur anywhere, anytime, and in any form. It encourages me to be more creative.”

“In fact, because of her, I’ve been inspired to become a sustainability lecturer. She’s taught me that the more you teach, the more expert you’ll be and the more people will get the benefit of that knowledge.”

Bintan, who is documenting her time in Australia on her personal blog, says that she hopes that she can use her scholarship to create positive change in Indonesia.

“I feel so grateful to receive this scholarship,” she exclaims. “I hope to use it to contribute to my country’s sustainable development and also inspire other Indonesians to pursue their study abroad. “

She also offers some useful tips for students seeking to apply for an Australian Development Scholarship.

“It’s preparation and effort – not luck – which determines whether you get a scholarship”, she notes. “Prepare for IELTS properly and get familiar with global issues as well as your local issues.”

“It’s also important to the most suitable course – the one that suits your passion, can support your future career and can be applied to global developmental challenges.”

Read more about Australian Government scholarships available to international students studying at Macquarie.

• A. Eri

gmna yah aku bisa berkuliah di autralia melalui beasiswa

• Michael bassey

Hi Good day! i want to register for the scholarsip but i can’t find the column for it. please can you help me? please relly need help. thank you very much.
    I’ll be waiting for your reply.

• Crissy

Wow! Awesome! If you have any projects going on in Indonesia, let me know what I can do to help! I am all for a more sustainable Indonesia.

• subash

hello,
    am not getting how do i register to get scholarship!please do help me

Regards

• Joshua

Please,how do I secure a scholarship after admission?

• Joshua

Please,I need a scholarship badly to help me come and study in Macquaire University after my admission.
    Please I need your help .