Life’s a beach with a double degree

While people in his home country have been shivering in Europe’s sub-zero temperatures, Polish student Wojciech Bachalski has been enjoying the sun and beaches of Sydney… in between his Macquarie classes of course!

“Life in Australia is definitely more relaxed and less stressful than in my country,” Wojciech says. “Probably because of the sun and the beaches, which I really like.”

Wojciech is undertaking a double bachelor degree that will see him graduate with both business and psychology qualifications.

The four-year Bachelor of Business Administration with Bachelor of Arts-Psychology is popular with students who not only want to learn the fundamentals of business, but also about the behavior of the people within businesses, and the clients and stakeholders they interact with.

“Unlike many other universities, Macquarie gave me an opportunity to study both in a combined degree,” says Wojciech. “I’ve had a great experience so far.”

“There’s less focus on theory in my classes at Macquarie compared to the style of education in Poland,” he adds. “The classes here are more practical and are also smaller in size for the most part, which allows for more individual-oriented teaching.”

There have been plenty of chances for Wojciech to connect with like-minded students though his participation in student groups.

“I’ve met a lot of friendly and interesting people from all over the world at Macquarie,” he says. “Joining groups like the debating society and drama club have helped me gain valuable experiences at the same time as having fun and making new friends,” he says.

And Wojciech’s tips for international students coming to Macquarie?

“Have fun, study, make friends, join societies, party, go to a festival, and most importantly… go to the beach!”

Macquarie’s double undergraduate degrees allow students to graduate with two bachelor degrees, often in only one additional year of study. Find a combination to suit you at courses.mq.edu.au

• Nga

great, it’s luckt to be in there!