French marketing student Lorraine Nicolas is blogging about her time in Australia.

J’adore Sydney!

Lorraine Nicolas is studying a Master of Commerce majoring in Marketing and hails from France. Here she shares her experience of living and studying in the ‘lucky country’.

“Over the past five years, I have lived in several countries and travelled to many places. I can say that Sydney is one of the best I have ever been to.

I love how you can meet people from different horizons because it’s such a multicultural environment. Even even though it’s different from my country, it feels like home – you can explore new cultures and Aussies are really welcoming. I’ve been able to discover the multicultural community within Macquarie as well.

The lifestyle in Australia is different from what I’m used to, but it’s very easy to adapt.  Australians are chilled out and relaxed, but also hard-working and open-minded.

I am making friends from Australia and from all over the world, tasting great international and local food, and making wonderful memories through travels and experiences.

You’ll be amazed by the wide array of things to do in Sydney, and the places you can visit in the rest of the country.

If you are interested in arts, culture, sports or technology, you can always find something to interest you in Sydney. If you want to hang out, there are a lot of nice restaurants and cool bars and pubs, both in the city or the suburbs.

So far, the highlights of my travels around Australia have been stargazing at Ayers Rock, sailing in the Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef, walking through the Daintree rainforest and driving along the Great Ocean Road.

Closer to Macquarie, I have visited the Blue Mountains, the Hunter Valley, and the Snowy Mountains – I would recommend them all.

So if you are considering the ‘lucky country’ as a study destination, all I’d say is ‘go for it!’”

Lorraine is documenting her time in Australia on her personal blog, which covers topics such as clichés about Australia, relocation and culture adaption and why she chose to study in Australia.

Lorraine is also one of the specially trained students in Macquarie International that are available to help future international students with their application and admission to Macquarie.