Macquarie graduate Mai Pham was part of the successful launch of a major publication in her home country of Vietnam .

Graduate forges ahead with Forbes

Phuong Mai Pham is in the early stages of her career, but already has a very significant professional achievement under her belt ­– the successful launch of a major global publishing brand into a new market.

The Bachelor of Arts graduate, who majored in International Communication, is the Marketing Manager for Forbes Vietnam where she is in charge of developing and executing marketing strategy and establishing the brand.

“Forbes is the first international business publication to make a presence in the Vietnam market,” Mai notes. “So it’s crucial that our local marketing initiatives are consistent with the Forbes brand worldwide, while localised to an extent that it appeals to the local market.”

“Being part of the fantastic team that brought Forbes into Vietnam was a great achievement,” she adds. “It took a lot of time, effort, teamwork and determination to achieve what we did, and I take great pride in my contribution to the process.”

Having always been a social person with a flair for communication, Mai was drawn to a career in media and chose Macquarie for its excellent communication programs.

“Academically, the program at Macquarie was fantastic, interesting and challenging at the same time,” Mai says. “It gave me the foundation of knowledge and professional skills that I need to succeed in my job, although of course I am still learning new things every day.”

“My number one highlight of my time at Macquarie would be the combination of studying and having the active social life that Macquarie encourages every student to have. It helped me gain the people skills required to work effectively within an organisation.“

“I had the best three years ever at Macquarie.”

Students in the Bachelor of Arts can choose from over 40 majors including Dance and Performance, Development Studies and Culture Change, Media, Technology and the Law, Sociology and Writing.