Macquarie accounting and commerce student Zhuopeng Liu has excelled in a global knowledge test.

Accounting student recognised in Bloomberg Hall of Fame

Zhuopeng Liu’s future career looks bright, with the Chinese student beating thousands of other participants to be featured in the Bloomberg Aptitude Test Hall of Fame.

The Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT) has been completed by more than 100,000 students in 60 countries. It allows students to test their knowledge against other graduates in the job market, as well as connecting employers worldwide with a pool of talented candidates.

“Being in Bloomberg’s July Hall of Fame is an achievement I didn’t expect,” says Zhuopeng. “I took the test to have some fun and compare my level of knowledge with my peers.”

“Hopefully it will now offer me some extra career opportunities.”

Zhuopeng has also opened up his career options by choosing to study a combined postgraduate degree in accounting and commerce at Macquarie, giving him an edge over other accounting graduates.

He says Macquarie’s excellent reputation for accounting and business programs is well known in his home country.

“Amongst my friends, Macquarie is famous for its courses in commerce,” he notes. “I have definitely expanded my vocational knowledge by studying this degree.”

He says he has enjoyed the flexibility of Australian university education.

“I enjoy the flexible timetable that is available at Macquarie,” he notes. “Students can even reduce their workload and stress in regular semesters by completing units in Session 3.”

Outside the classroom, Zhuopeng has been enjoying life in Sydney.

“The population density is much lower in Sydney than in China, which leads to a lot of differences in the lifestyle,” he says.

“What I like most is the environment – the weather is beautiful and there are amazing natural views.”

The Master of Accounting (Professional) with Master of Commerce is a two-year degree that provides an accounting qualification that is fully recognised by CPA Australia, whilst also allowing students to study advanced units in a business discipline of their choosing.